Rental Criteria For Residency
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. (A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, with at least one window and a closet for clothing.)
- Two persons are allowed per bedroom.
- Positive identification with a picture will be required
- Each applicant will be required to qualify individually or as per specific criteria areas.
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs will be denied. If approved for tenancy and later illegal drug use is confirmed, eviction shall result.
- Any individual whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the com- plex, or the property of others, will be denied tenancy.
- Combined monthly income of all persons signing the lease must be equal to three times stated rent, and must be from a verifiable, legal source.
- Twelve months of current verifiable employment will be required if used as source of income.
- Self-employed applicants will be verified through state corporation commission, and will be required to submit the previous year’s tax returns.
- Twelve months of current, verifiable, contractual rental history from a current & past third party landlord or home ownership is required.
- Three years of eviction-free history is required.
- One 72-hour notice and/or one dishonored check within one year will result in denial of the application.
- Rental history reflecting past due and unpaid rent will result in denial of the application.
- Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report may require additional security deposits.
- Three or more unpaid collections (not related to medical expenses) will result in denial of the application.
CRIMINAL CONVICTION CRITERIA
Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, Ownership/Agent will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the application of any proposed tenant has, been convicted of, or pled guilty or no contest to, any crimes.
Any of the following will be grounds for denial of the rental application:
- A conviction, quilty plea for any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes, and/or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell), Class A, B, C felony burglary or Class A, B, C felony robbery.
- A conviction or guilty plea, where the date of disposition, release, or parole has occurred within the last seven years for: misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex related, drug related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession) property damage or weapons charges.
*Once an application has been approved, they will have 48 hours to sign the lease or submit a non-refundable deposit to hold the home up to two weeks.
***Please note, we do not allow any Pitbills, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Bull Mastiffs, or any dog larger than 50# on any of our properties.